Sunday, December 10, 2023

Fear of Flying?

 Two of my dining car mates were pilots. The first one was easy to spot. Bob was wearing his AOPA (Aircraft Owner/Pilots Association) baseball cap. Which made me laugh. Was that the equivalent of the bumper sticker, "My other car is a Ferrari"? But when I met the second pilot at lunch Sunday, (Naval aviator, Ret) it made me think, "Do these pilots know something us airline passengers don't?" Both of them were knocked out when I showed them a couple of of Norman S's early aviation paintings. The naval pilot loved "Doolittle's Raid" and the private plane owner especially loved "Maggie and Spenser Go For A Ride." So, Norman, you've got fans aboard Amtrak! This is my last post before Chicago, so enjoy the rest of your day.


No comments:

Post a Comment