Monday, December 11, 2023

Albany, NY

Monday, 3:45pm, Albany, NY

Napping and coffee help. Woke up to clearing skies and late afternoon sun (what film directors call ‘the magic hour’) in the state capital. But you wouldn’t know that from the station, which, surprisingly, isn’t anywhere near “downtown.” Had an interesting conversation over lunch with Patrick, a professor of addiction behavioral psychology in Vancouver. He’s on his way to see family in New England and said he was interviewing people on the train; trying to bring a report to his family about the temperature of this country. Hah. I don’t think he was prepared for my POV. (Which you’ll have to ply me with Irish whisky to get my story.) 

We’re three hours from Penn Station and still on time, so I’ll keep hoping that’s true. My plan at this point is to get a Lyft to Brooklyn, pick up my car keys from Dan L and drive back up to Fairfield tonight. Too many different beds in too many different places – I wanna be home! I’ll post a wrap-up or two tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment